Saturday, June 5, 2010

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?

No, your eyes are not deceiving you, this is a new post and it has been nearly seven months since we have last posted an update. Things are going fairly well in the Ortiz household. I think we have settled in to this whole marriage thing with just a few small speed bumps in between. I mean, let's be honest, we still disagree about the same things. If I thought that getting married would magically make Mar a prompt person, take me to the psych ward. Just as if she expected me to not leave an occasional pair of socks on the bathroom floor, she would be equally crazy. Anyway, our wedding was a grand old time and I will have to go into more detail about it soon. Besides continuing to drive each other crazy, we have pretty much been consumed with work.

I am still working at the high school and coaching. I have been Chili's free since November, but I have a feeling that streak is going to be over soon. In addition to water polo, I started coaching swimming this year. It was a bit of a change, considering I coached boys instead of girls, but it was a blast nonetheless. Boys are quite a bit different than girls, actually, a lot different. They are not nearly as respectful of other people, and I say that with a bit of a skewed perspective because girls can be a handful too. My boys also had a problem with a little something we call going to practice. That was not a joke either. Christmas break was totally ridiculous. There was several practices where I only had half of my boys, and that was very upsetting. In the end, it was the boys who saw their results suffer, so I guess you could call it a learning experience, but it was frustrating nonetheless. By the end of the season, all the boys dropped time, and I had a lot of fun. Along the way, I also picked up a new nickname: Ortizzle.

As for the girls, it was a dynamite season. My JV finished with a record of 20-8, which was a very pleasant surprise. It was the first time either of our levels had ever had a twenty win season. Along the way, we managed to lose two games in a row only once, put together an eight game winning streak, won the regular season title and beat our number one rival for the first time ever. It was awesome. On top of that, the chemistry on the team was awesome. That is not to say that there were not a couple of dust ups here and there, but for the most part, the girls got along and we played as a team. And for the second year in a row, they managed to drive me crazy whenever the situation presented itself. Overall, it was a great year, and I was sorry to see it end.

Well, that is it for now. I just wanted you guys to know that we are still alive and ticking. Hope to see or hear from all of you soon.

3 comments:

Teach said...

Welcome back, Ortizille

priyanka said...

well my comment might come as a surprise to u or infact not, just because you are an awsum writer and just anyone who read ur blogs would enjoy reading them .... i am into reading & luv just anything written beautifully.

Lisa in NZ said...

Chris and Mar! Ithink about you a lot, and am embarrassed to even do the math and figure out how long its been since i talked to you last...i know its been at least three years....our boy, Niko, is about to be three and im not sure i even told you we were having a another baby! Emma just turned ten in march...i cant believe it...where does the time go?!? We are still in wellington and it will be 8years this sept...i had no idea we'd be here this long! How are you guys...what is new? How is married life treating you? I hope you guys are well...maybe we can talk soon. My email is lcakovan@yahoo.co.uk take care! Lisa xxxx 😀

My Simpsonization

My Simpsonization
Here is what I would look like in Springfield