Friday, April 3, 2009

Just To Make Chris Happy. . .Part II:

I get a call from my manager around 9:00 am.  asking me to go pick up some product from the Naperville Chili's.  My phone was randomly turned off.  I *rarely* turn my phone off at night.  Well, I didn't get the call from my manager until approximately thirty minutes before I had to be at work.  So, I give him a call, he says it's fine if I'm late, because we need the product.  Realistically, I was only going to be about ten or fifteen minutes late.  

I jumped in the car and drove off to the Naperville Chili's.  Got the goods, drove back to the Wheaton store.  Get into work and the place was crazy busy!!  It was a Monday lunch so this was EXTREMELY odd.  I was like, go figure!  I am late and I miss out on all of these tables!!  Even though I missed out on the early round of tables, I still made pretty good money -- especially for it being a Monday lunch.  

I walk out to my car and go to start it.  

Nothing.

Try it again.

Nothing.

I groaned.  Why did I groan?  *sigh*

Now, I knew that I was driving on low gas, but I was pretty sure that I'd be fine.  What I didn't in factor in was driving to Naperville before my shift at work.  

My car did not start because I allowed it to completely run out of gas.    

Yes, Chris came in and saved the day!! On his first day of spring break (which he reminded me repeatedly)!!  

So...here you go my love!  Just to make you happy!! :)

Alrighty... feel free, let the berating begin. :)

5 comments:

Colonel Sanders said...

He should've sucked it up and been a man...no need to point out saving a Damsel in Distress.

CubsFan said...

There was no complaining on my end. I went without hesitation. However, Marilyn failed to mention that she was on empty for about two days without filling up. I had warned her a couple of times that she needed to fill up, and she nonchalantly ignored my warning. This led to her Jeselnicking it and running out of gas.

*mar* said...

Please. My dear. You know just as well as I did that you came without hesitation yes, absolutely. However, without hesitation, but with tender loving comments, right? Right... :)

Either way, I learned my lesson. Chris saved the day! It's all muy bueno.

Dr. Cappa said...

Let's not let this go to Chris' head

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

It doesn't really look like you're toooooo interested in spirituality even though we shall croak at some point, somewhere at sometime (nottalotta followers, too). So, lemme explain this once-in-our-lifelong-demise-occurance and if you don't like it, you can say I never exist. Cool? Cool --- Why don’t you follow us Home to Heaven Above if you‘re gonna croak as I am? How long do we have to enjoy this finite existence? 77ish, measly years? Compared to the length and breadth of eternity, 77ish years is like the micron of a nanometer in the whole, bloody, universe!! Why don’t we have a BIG-ol, roxx-our-holy-soxx, party-hardy celebrating our resurrection for many eons? Heaven TOTALLY kicks-ass for eternity. Thank you proFUSEly, for the wick is running out on U.S. _thewarningsecondcoming.com_

My Simpsonization

My Simpsonization
Here is what I would look like in Springfield