Sunday, February 10, 2008

Treasure Found

I have an unabashed love for PBS programming and watch it constantly. While my two favorite shows are American Experience and History Detectives, my guilty pleasure is Antiques Roadshow. I am not quite sure what it is about this show, but I find it to be compulsively watchable. I think it is the fact that there is so much lost history that is rediscovered by everyday people. Sometimes Mar looks at like I am crazy when we have two or three episodes backed up on our DVR, but I just can't pass recording new episodes when they air. Anyways, most of my favorite items have been antique furniture. There is just something fun about people bring in their trinkets to be explained and appraised. So, go ahead and lambaste me for this confession, but I would recommend this show to anyone.

2 comments:

Mommacita said...

I too am a closet fan of "Antiques Roadshow". I don't get to watch it all the time, nor do I tune in weekly. But, if it's on, I'll check it out. I like the last segment where people bring their "treasures" and then reveal how much they've been appraised for.

Another interesting historial show is "If Walls Could Talk" on HGTV. Nope, it's not PBS, but in HD it's pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I am a reporter with the chattanooga Times Free Press and i'm writing a story about the Antiques road show...would you be interested in talking to me about your fan-dom? If so, please feel free to shoot me an email at the below address.

Thanks,

Elizabeth Ryan
eryan@timesfreepress.com

My Simpsonization

My Simpsonization
Here is what I would look like in Springfield